Sunday 25 May 2014

Poetry

Let Me Dream
By: Elizabeth Mccrorie

I've neglected & regretted
All this pain.
& today was filled with
So much shame.
I'm exhausted now,
From all my thoughts.
& I don't know how 
To make things stop!
But I have a trick,
Up my sleeve.
To make things pause,
For 8 hours at least.
It comes late, after the sun
Has vanished.
To the point were stars,
Sparkle like magic.
It's called a dream.
My own little world,
A place where people don't even exist.
But the things I love are at my fingertips.
It lets me run, for only a little while.
Giving my life time to breathe.
& handing me something
I know I can keep.
Just let me dream.

Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/let-me-dream#ixzz32ipsfik4 
Family Friend Poems 
She wrote this poem one night when she was screaming for some sleep! She wanted to get away from all the drama, she just to have a really good dream!


I choose this poem, but I don't know why I choose this poem. I just feel something when I read this poem, but I don't really know what is real meaning of this poem. I just understand this poem from the title 'Let Me Dream', so this poem is about dream. To be honest, I'm not really like poetry because it's too hard for me to understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment